Creating CORBA objects in a child process

Hello,

I'd appreciate guidance on the following scenario. What I ideally want to do is:

Create a CORBA server with a factory in it, and allow clients to request object creation, but for the objects to actually be created in a child process. Another way of describing this, is that the factory is capable of creating child CORBA processes.

For this to be possible, on receipt of the request, the factory might create a new ORB and any other setup, create a new Object, fork, and then:

* the parent would tear down the new ORB and return the Object
* the child would clean up the old ORB

If this possible, or asking for trouble? If it's trouble, I will do something similar to

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orbit-list/2000-December/msg00109.html

where I just exec another process, pass the IOR from the child back to the parent, which is then returned to the client which can then connect to the new process using the IOR.

Cheers,

Nick Glencross