Embedded perl orbit problems

Hi,

I am embedding a perl file in my C++. With in the perl file I make use
of Orbit to make remote calls to a CORBA server. Orbit seems to fail
for two reasons:

1) Running the perl file on its own everything works fine.
2) Environment variables are fine as I print them out into a log file
before they are used.

The following line in my perl file seems to fail:

use CORBA::ORBit idl_path =>
"$ENV{ATEBUILD}/include/source:$ENV{ATE}/include:$ENV{ATE}/include/orbit:$ENV{ATE}/include/ate/broadcast:$ENV{ATE}/support/include:$ENV{TAO_ROOT}/orbsvcs/orbsvcs:/blah
-D__ORBIT_IDL__",
                  idl => [
    qw( CosNaming.idl
        ate/types/ATE.idl
        ate/server/Pingable.idl
        ate/server/Session.idl
        ate/server/BaseServer.idl
        ate/server/SessionFactory.idl
      )
   ];

The error I get in my log file is the following:

Sep 21 12:16:43 [22130]: critical:Error from perl subroutine execute:
Can't locate object method "catch" via package
"CosNaming::NamingContext::NotFound" (perhaps you forgot to load
"CosNaming::NamingContext::NotFound"?) at
/spare/aaron/iom/i686-pc-linux-gnu/ate/release/lib/site_perl/ORBHelper.pm
line 367.

If I remove the try/catch block things work fine. Is this is a known
problem or I am doing something wrong??

Regards
Aaron