Re: Memory management questions

Hi Micheal, thanks for the info.

 Michael Meeks [Monday 8 September 2003] :
 > > So, why does CORBA_ORB_destroy fail when there are still object
 > > references ? Is it simply to force programmers to properly
 > > release all their objects before exit or is there some other
 > > reason ?
 >
 > 	Well - it's a debugging option; this should only happen if you
 > compile ORBit2 with --enable-debug=yes, otherwise it'll set the
 > exception but just exit silently.

Hum, well it's not really the messages on the terminal that bother me,
but the exception : it is picked by the binding and converted into a
native exception that aborts the program.

 > 	We can add API, or perhaps some argv tweak to turn this off if it's
 > really annoying you :-) do post a patch to
 > ORbit2/src/orb/orb-core/corba-orb.c adding some option like that.

No, I'll just ignore the exceptions raised by CORBA_ORB_destroy and
CORBA_ORB_shutdown. The only remaining issue is wether it's safe to
release a ref _after_ the ORB was shutdown/destroyed but it seems to
be OK.

--
   Olivier