Re: determine type of an ident in libIDL

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 00:50, Bowie Owens wrote:
> I'm working on the ORBit C++ bindings and need to determine the type of
> and ident using libIDL. I have the following test case which doesn't
> work. The problem is when the parser gets to method return type and
> arguments for the C interface it gets an _IDL_IDENT and assumes it is an
> interface.

	Hmm; interesting - I believe libIDL is supposed to do this all for you
internally; but it's been a long time - surely it should do all the
fixups for you ?

	ie. why pass an IDL_IDENT around when in fact you can pass an IDL_TYPE
around that contains that information. Possibly the ->up node on the
IDL_tree will be what you're looking for anyway.

	Of course, possibly there is some better way - I have no idea; I only
recall chopping huge chunks of the IDL compiler out, rather than
anything else ? how does the C backend solve this problem ?

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot