RE: graceful mulit-threaded shutdown

Michael,

>	Interesting. Can you confirm that you are using a recent ORBit2 eg.
the
>just released ORBit2-2.9.1 which has a _load_ of shutdown related
>problems fixed (mostly by Justin Schoeman) - that's the best place to
>start for debugging these problems.

I just grabbed 2.9.1 and recompiled (I was using 2.9.0).

I've been compiling with --enable-debug=yes and exported ORBIT2_DEBUG=refs
but I'm not seeing anything tell me what type of object is leaked (it would
help!)

>	Ok - if you compile ORBit2 with --enable-debug (perhaps you did this
>already), then export ORBIT2_DEBUG=refs, then re-run - it should show
>you the type of object that is leaked - which may help.
>

>	Right; so you need to binary chop the reference leak out. Ultimately
>you're missing a CORBA_Object_release (foo, NULL); somewhere.
>	Heh :-)
>
>	Are you just missing a:
>
>		CORBA_Object_unref (orb, ev);
>
>	If you dig at ORBit2/test/everything/client.c you can see what that
>does for shutdown.

Is CORBA_Object_unref a wishfull thinking method (can't find it)?  or just
the gist of what should I should be doing?  If I try to release the ORB
duing the client shutdown I get the assertion failure in do_unref.

I'll take a look at the test code, that will probably help.

-Tyler