Re: IDL to GObject?

Hi Kang,

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 04:20, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:
> I have a project of implementing DOM in GObject: http://gybe.sf.net/dominigue/

	I think you don't want to implement the DOM; but rather wrap an
existing one (gdome2?) with a CORBA API ? - is that correct ?

	My personal feeling is that this is a serious mistake from every angle.
the DOM API (while defined in IDL) is far, far too granular to be
efficient via a highish latency CORBA link. OTOH - perhaps in-proc the
ORBit2 bits would provide a nice way to do scripting bindings easily;
who knows.

> the real problem implementing DOM is building boilerplate codes
> and translate IDL's basic statements into C-GLib code.

	I would compile the OMG's IDL, then create a slew of BonoboObject
wrappers (manaully) to do this; it might be nice to make some process of
automating this more intelligently - but since it's a one-off most
people don't bother.

	HTH,