Re: Client info

Michael Meeks wrote:

>Hi Kuang-Chun,
>
>On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 09:29, Kuang-Chun Cheng wrote:
>

>>On servant side, how do I know which client is
>>currently connected and using the services ?
>>How can I get the client information (IP, hostname,
>>MAC address ...) ?
>>
>>	AFAIK you can't ;-) if there is a standard interface for doing this,
>>I'd be most happy to see/implement it. I guess we could perhaps try
>>shoehorning things onto the CORBA_Environment, but I've no idea.

I don't know how neither, I'm new to CORBA/ORBit2.
However, I think associate such info with POA servant (1st argument
of every implementation of IDL method on server side) probably make
more sense than CORBA_Environment.

AFAIK, ORBit2 use linc and linc use glib for event loop and hide the low
level network/socket APIs.  Can we simply get the orignal socket ID
returned by accept() call somewhere ... then we know almost everything about
client.

Kuang-Chun
kccheng@openate.com