Parallel building

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to fix problems in GNOME build regarding parallel
building (ie using make -j X where X >= number of CPU on your build
system)..

I'm having some problems with ORBit2 regarding this, because of the way
autogenerated files are handled :

in src/orb/orb-core/Makefile.am :
$(OPS_IDLOUT): corba-ops.idl $(IDL_COMPILER)

and in Makefile.shared:
%.h %-stubs.c  %-common.c %-imodule.c %-skelimpl.c: $(IDL_DIR)%.idl
$(IDL_COMPILER)

is causing parallel build to fail because make thinks all those
generated files can be build in parallel, which is completely false..

I've been able to workaround the problem in orb-core, by using a simple
dependency on corba-ops-stubs.c (instead of $(OPS_IDLOUT)), which
serialize the build (since all the files are generated at the same time
by the IDL compiler..)

However, I haven't been able yet to fix the problem in Makefile.shared,
because it is using pattern matching..

Any idea on how we could fix this in a clean manner ?

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@mandrakesoft.com>
MandrakeSoft