Re: Another interoperability problem of ORBit2

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:00:27PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Ok - the root cause of this is that you're unreffing the ORB without
> doing a CORBA_ORB_destroy - I've added a more helpful warning to this
> effect in CVS HEAD and gnome-2-2 branches. Adding that makes it work
> nicely.

Ah - some cleaning up I have failed to see in the examples I have
learned from? ;-)

> > If one tries to connect the Perl client to the C server, it just hangs.
> > Eh, no, actually it does not hang - it only takes four minutes for it
> > to return! And without error:
> 	That's very odd. I can't repeat this here with my ORBit2/linc [ both
> from the gnome-2.2 branch ]. More information appreciated.

Actually, your last suggestion for me to ping my own host put me on the
right track. When I moved to a new office, I lost my permanent ip and
started to use dchp instead. However, /etc/hostname still contains the
old hostname - which of course is not the same as the dynamic I get with
dchp. This also explains why it often takes me such a long time to start
Gnome (something I have failed to discover why until now)...

> 	The ORBIT2_DEBUG will only work for the app linking to ORBit2 - so it
> needs to be exported before running that; also it prints to stderr, so
> if you're doing: ./server 2>ior - or something, the debug will be
> appended to the 'ior' file ;-) [ my problem initially ]

I must have overlooked something, I will try again. (I am still on
occasion trying to compile a debug-enabled ORBit2 under our AIX
environment - which is somewhat of a pain...).

Regards /Selander