Re: Looks like ORBit is still using Unix domain

Code11Smith007@aol.com wrote:
 > My orbit server is now using lo interface but I want to run my client
and
 > server on different machines using tcp or udp.
 >
 > The .orbitrc in /root dir  on server contains:
 >
 > ORBIIOPUSock=0
 > ORBIIOPIPv4=1
 > ORBIIOPIPv6=0
 >
 > The /etc orbitrc on server contains:
 >
 > ORBIIOPUSock=0
 > ORBIIOPIPv4=1
 > ORBIIOPIPv6=0

Well, it is not necessary to deactivate 'lo' interface.
This should do for you:

bash$ ./your-server -ORBIIOPUSock=0 -ORBIIOPIPv4=1
-ORBIIOPIPName="192.168.1.42"

please use command 'ior-decode-2' to verify that the server's IOR
contains correct  endpoint. Or you might use 'netstat -tlnp' to watch
for interface your server  has bound to.

Does ORbit2 support UDP endpoints? I don't know.

Best regards, Frank

  Frank.Rehberger at acm.org
  The Twelve Networking Truths
  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1925.txt?number=1925