Re: Problem releasing ORB.

Hi Craig,

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 21:30, Craig wrote:
> Hi, I'm having some problems running an example with ORBit2 (2.6.0)

	Your code looks fine to me;

> ** ERROR **: file orbit-object.c: line 146 (do_unref): assertion
> failed: (robj->refs < ORBIT_REFCOUNT_MAX && robj->refs > 0)
> aborting...
> Aborted

	Can you run this in the debugger and get a stack trace ?
	gdb ./foo
	run
	backtrace

> Also, all of the tests that come packaged with ORBit segfault.

	That is highly serious; 'make check' in ORBit2 should pass every time
on every system [ assuming you can do ping `hostname` ].

	Can you post stack traces and we'll look into this.

> P.S. I've figured is out, and it seems to come from the line where I
> release the ORB. I guess
> the question is why, and why do the examples release the ORB? :)

	Mostly people do a ORB_shutdown / destroy first I think.

> P.P.S. I guess I'm just going to send this out because it's already
> been written and this may happen to someone else someday.

	Questions, even premature ones are most welcome :-)