Re: orbit-small.c patch

Hi Frank,

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:20, Frank Rehberger wrote:
> in my skel-impl there is nothing to clean up, it relates to tempory
> memory allocted in orbit-small.c for args and return values.

	Sorry - you're quite right - I just cleaned that up, and I'm testing a
patch; I'll commit it as if from you (if that's ok) since you did all
the hard work.

> As you can see, there is not memory I could clean up on return.

	The trick is - that we need to be careful not to free other - undefined
bits of memory; that's the difference in my patch; that code is
beginning to look like a maintenance nightmare - and all to try to save
some cycles by using alloca. It really needs re-factoring to use a
table-driven approach - so we can just do some fast lookups to calculate
the appropriate indirection etc. [which would be faster and smaller too]
- I just havn't got around to it yet.

	Thanks,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot