Re: java binding for orb

> Both ORBit2 and ORBit are available to connect Java
ORB > if you use Java 1.4 version or more.
> just copy and use IOR.
> long time ago, I fined some problem occured when I
> tried to connect between Java and ORBit using
ORBit's
> naming service.
> However, no problem to directly connect using IOR.
> It is also no problem to use ORBit2 and Java's
naming.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I still can't seem to get it to
work. I'm not quite sure how to use the IOR directly.
What I'd like to be able to do is obtain a reference
to the GnomePanel. Do I need to set

ORBIIOPSSL=1

in a ~/.orbitrc file? Also, running ps -aux doesn't
seem to reveal an instance of an orbit-name-server
running. Is it part of a gnome-session execution?

What I tried unsuccessfully was to start
orbit-name-server and the use the returned value for
the IOR as input in the java ORB.init method. It
crashed when I tried calling either
resolve_initial_references() or
list_initial_services(). Any ideas?

Thanks again :)