Re: Composer failure ...

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 10:48, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	I'm still having repeated problems with Gconf / evolution, and it's
> interaction with Gconf 2.0. Essentially - after a time of quiescence I
> try to compose a message - and it fails to activate the composer.
> 	The reason for this is that gconfd-2 is still running away merrily -
> thinking it has /tmp/orbit-michael/linc-foo open and listening for
> connections ( holding the XML tree lock ) But when you examine
> /tmp/orbit-michael/linc-foo you discover that the (originally existing)
> file has been unlinked somehow.

	It turns out that I'm vying for the prize for world's biggest dofus. I
got this again just now, and lent some thought to what I was doing
beforehand; and I _imagine_ the reason I see this and [typically] no-one
else does, is that I run the ORBit2 regression tests a fair bit, which
include the wonderful line:

	rm -Rf "/tmp/orbit-$USER"

	;-) so there is no problem, or at least - there is in that test, I'll
try and re-work it shortly.