ORBit2-2.6.0 configure problem

Hi,

I am trying to build ORBit2-2.0.6 on a bare LFS install. I have
installed all of the required libraries as they was asked for by the
configure script:

pkgconfig-0.15.0.tar.bz2
linc-1.0.1.tar.bz2
glib-2.0.7.tar.bz2
libIDL-0.8.0.tar.bz2
popt-1.5.tar.gz
gettext-0.11.5.tar.gz

All libraries have been configure with "--prefix=/usr".

I have tried to install popt-1.5 as well as popt-1.7 but the configure
script keeps complaining and asking me to install at least popt-1.5.
Obviously I have done that, so what can I do to make the configure
script happy ?

BTW: I checked popt.h and poptStrippedArgv() was right there at the
bottom so I assume that it must be present in the library too.

Thanks,
  jules