Re: How to use CosNaming & the name-server in ORBit2?

Hi Lars,

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 23:04, Lars Petersson wrote:
> Well, maybe there are other ways to solve my problem... The problem is
> that I have servers running on several computers and clients should be
> able to connect to these remotely without any manual work such
> as copying IORs etc.

	Ah - ok; so it depends on how complex and controlled your setup is
going to be. At some stage, (particularly with ORBit2 - which is mostly
used in a per user, rather than a 'well known port' setup) you're going
to need to transfer an IOR, or other service specifier from one machine
to another.

	That is unfortunately, unavoidable. If you're willing to take the
(acute) security risk, you can enable the http:// code in ORBit2 and
pass an http IOR; this will grab the file pointed at by the http URL,
which should contain the IOR you want to convert to an object reference.
Enable this with the ORBHTTPIORs boolean option.

> What is bonobo-actionvation? Does it work over the network?

	bonobo-activation used to be able to be configured that way -
unfortunately, it caused so much internal pain, that I ripped it out :-)
bonobo-activation is ideally suited for single machine, per-user
activation.

	HTH,