Re: Going from ORBit1 to ORBit2 - does it require any user code changes?

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 12:37:58PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Ok - since the on-the-wire format should be 100% compatible, this is
> interesting. Are you using the latest ORBit1 ? there are known problems
> in old versions.

> orbit-config --version
ORBit 0.5.17
> orbit2-config --version
ORBit2 2.5.0

It is the latest ORBit1 I have seen, but it seem like I should upgrade
ORBit2 while I am at it. ;-)

> 	Sounds fine; I'd use pkg-config instead of orbit2-config though.

Is not orbit*-config just wrappers around pkg-config? Ah, I think I see
your point, with pkg-config you can give all individual packages of
respectivelt config-script as arguments.

> 	Can you turn on ORBit2 debugging; to do that re-configure ORBit2 with
> --enable-debug, install it, then export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces on the
> console, and run your ORBit2 server there. That should show you all the
> communications in an elegant form. Is the data you're interested in
> actually getting sent ? if so, it's most likely an ORBit-perl / ORBit1
> bug.

Will do, but I may have to wait a few days.

Best Regards /Selander