Re: Strings in CORBA_any

Hi there,

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 19:31, Paco Moya wrote:
> We recently found that strings encapsulated into CORBA_any are not
> properly handled by ORBit 2.8.2 marshallers.  The typecode in the
> received CORBA_any is not set correctly.  In-proc CORBA_any parameter
> passing is ok.

	Wow - that sounds pretty terrible.

> Is this a known issue? Do you want a functional example?

	Yes - the best thing to do is to send a patch in to
ORBit2/test/everything/client.c and server.c. The funny thing is of
course, that we already have testAnyString - which works perfectly;

	Are you sure you're not just getting the dereferencing wrong in the
->_value field ? for a string it is a char **.

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot