Re: Ist orbit ORB compatible with Java-ORB?

Yes, at least ORBit 0.5.15 was. I assume ORBit-2 would be as well, although I
don't have first hand experience with that particular combination. I had a
client in Java and a server in C++. I've since stopped using Java for my
Client and switched to C++ though.

What you're suggesting should work. Make sure you have DNS support if you're
on a private LAN. That bit me once when running the Java client on Windows.

-Craig.