Re: ORBit2 problem in threaded app

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 10:57, Chris Wareham wrote:
> finally added the GTK+ part. Until I added the GTK+ portion everything
> worked fine.

	Sounds odd.

>  All CORBA calls are made from the main thread which also
> contains the majority of the GTK+ code. A separate thread reads
> asynchronous messages from a socket, and updates a label in the GTK+
> interface.

	Which ORBit are you using ? if you want thread-safety you should
actively track HEAD ORBit2, anything before that isn't going to work.

> Everything works fine until I try to make a CORBA call in the main
> thread. The ORBit2 call blocks in __pthread_sigsuspend() according to a
> backtrace, and never returns. I think I have the relevant GLib and GDK
> thread calls setup correctly, so can anyone shed any light on why my
> CORBA calls never return?

	What does thread apply all bt say ? also, what if you re-configure
ORBit2 with --enable-debug=yes and re-make that, then run with
ORBIT2_DEBUG=all - do you see anything interesting ?

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot