Re: intermediate transfer of objects

djcb wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Peter Van Osta wrote:
>

>>From what I understand, the ORB can "pump" the data into an "out"
>>parameter and the use Bonobo to notify the client to refresh ? The "out"
>>bloc is continuously overwritten in a loop. Will this approach work ? Is
>>it wise to use memcpy on the server side to copy the data over and over
>>again into the "out" sequence buffer ?
>

> IMHO, it's a lot easier to write the image somewhere on the server,
> return the url (ftp:// or maybe NFS?) to the client using CORBA. Of
> course, in CORBA it should *also* work, but it's a lot more work...

Most event interfaces would call a method on the client (client and
server concepts blur easily ;-) ). Can't you simply create an object in
the client, pass it to the server and call a method from the server once
an image is available (I did this many times).

Problem: If the client is busy the server will wait (perhaps oneway will
help here?)

   Christof