Re: a query regarding the status of ORBit

Hi Daniel,

	orbit-list@gnome.org is the place to be.

> >       I hope that helps a little. I'd be most interested to see what
> > interfaces you propose to use for this; out of process API design is
> > really easy to get wrong - the APIs must be chunky etc. I'm not quite
> > sure how that ties in with your focus; but hopefully we'll see.
>
> "Chunky"?  I don't understand that term.  I'm still fairly new to Java
> and higher level architecture issues.  (Formerly, I carried Perl in my
> holster.:-)

	Do not create APIs that require lots of round-trips; ie. 'fgetc' would
make an appalling API if corbarized; whereas 'readBlock' is rather a
good one. I'd be interested to read your IDL as/when you have something.

	HTH,