Re: publish and subscribe mechanism in server

Hi Peter,

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 09:05, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> When doing live image acquisition or video playback I want the
> acquisition process to send images to the CORBA-client, but how do I
> send the "event" from the CORBA-server to the client when the
> server-process is continuously acquireing images ?

	You need to expose a client interface, pass a reference to it to the
server, and then push events back to the client; we have something like
this in Gnome with the EventSource / Listener interfaces - but since
they use 'oneway' you'd prolly do better to use your own, synchronous
interface (to handle flow control).

>  The server process
> can do automated image acquisition on a microscope at a rate of about
> 28000 images in less than 3 hours and when running in "live" mode, these
> images have to be "streamed" to the client. It is a sort of
> "server-push" instead of "client-pull".

	Sounds fine.