Re: Using linc

Hi Claude,

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 11:17, Claude Beazley wrote:
>  I want to start using the linc libraries with my ORBit2 CORBA server, to
> properly implement threading and SSL encryption. Any advice?

	Yes; sure, there are a few things that need to be done first:

	a) Implement linc_object_ref / unref - we need to take a global
	   lock, hold it over the ref, but not over the last unref.

	b) Use linc_object_ref/unref across the ORB for connections /
	   CORBA objects.

	c) Have a per-thread linc mainloop that we can use to recieve /
	   send requests from other threads.

	Then of course - there's the complexity of merging Sebastian's ORBit-mt
work into ORBit2; which I hope shouldn't be that bad. I don't know
enough about the issues to look at it in too much detail. Getting a) and
b) in would be great; then we can help you with the rest; send unified
diffs :-)