Re: o Re: sequence of octets bug in Orbit when running server asroot?t

Hi Claude,

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 11:35, Claude Beazley wrote:
> When printing out the length of the octet-sequence that the client tries to
> pass to the server, the maximum sequence length that the server as root
> accepts (on my PC. anyway) appears to be  262044

	Well; there are likely to be a number of issues with really large
sequences. The sequence gets to be marshalled in-memory into GIOP wire
format; which means a copy - unless it's a simply layed out
sequence<octet> [ eg. ]. So, memory may be 1 problem, also - there are
limits on the maximum size of incoming buffer in ORBit2 - that perhaps
need re-visiting.

	What type does this sequence contain ? and why are you passing so much
in one chunk ? typically in Gnome we break down big lumps into ~4K
sequences so we don't introduce abnormally long processing delays
anywhere.

	HTH,