Re: orbitcpp module created

On Sat, 2002-09-14 at 14:44, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I have started the orbitcpp module. It's basically just the
> orbit-cpp-head branch with the C stuff removed, plus:
>
> - Mark's changes to make it install the idl compiler backend library and
> export a function for ORBit2 to call.
> - I have renamed .hh files to .h, because they no longer need to be
> clearly separate from the C files, and it is inconsistent with the rest
> of *mm.
>
> This doesn't work yet, as you can see in the tests:
>
> orbit-idl-2 -l c++ ./../test.idl
> orbit-idl-2 2.4.3 compiling
>   mode, show preprocessor errors, passes: stubs skels common headers
> skel_impl imodule

OK, I have fixed that, by using -l cpp instead of -l c++.

But now it crashes when calling the backend idl-compiler library's
function. I think this is what Mark referred to earlier. It doesn't seem
to be even executing the first line of the backend function.

I'm hoping that someone with more experience of gmodule can help with
this problem.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net