Re: GEP 5: New Object Adaptor for ORBit2

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

>      * ServantManagers:   ServantManagers  may  be  used  to  dynamically
>        activate an object unknown to the ORB when a request is received.

I'm pretty sure that this particular feature does/did get used by bonobo
properties (or something else that wanted to make a ton of CORBA objects
keyed off a few application objects).

In general this is a good step towards a GObjectized CORBA. I suspect that
deciding which features are needed will be an iterative process, so it's
probably better to start people using something basic & sane than worry
about whether the proposal includes all the features. Perhaps making a
release of what you have in CVS is the best way to make the unfinished
product widely available.

-- Elliot
"Do not trust the horse, Trojans! Whatever it is, I fear the Greeks, even
though they bring gifts."