Re: gep-1 - a decision?

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 07:11, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	According to GEP-0, there has to be a vote. That hasn't
> happened yet ... :-)

	So - it seems the consensus is that we reject the RFP; I've updated the
GEP with thanks to all involved. The rational agreed by everyone[1].
Sadly the gep page isn't updating still so here's how it looked:

<h1>4. Decision and Rationale</h1>

to split out the existing C++ bindings present a smaller barrier than
anticipated</p>

we feel it would be in the best interest of both pieces to ship and
maintain them as separate source packages. This would involve the
re-instating of the IDL compiler headers, but this is no problem in the
2.2 timescale.</p>

getting the C++ bindings into working order, and recommend that they be
packaged and distributed widely.</p>

	And in conclusion; Mark's going to do the heavy(?) lifting of splitting
the code out into another module and merging up the core changes. We'll
prolly branch for 2.2 development [ 2.5 for ORBit2 in fact ;-], and Mark
has a most interesting 'GOA' GEP coming up that may be good /
interesting for the C++ bindings.

[1] - except Owen who didn't make it.