Re: How to set up ORBit2 for use with openssl?

Hi Marion,

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 23:55, Marion Schuenemann wrote:
> I tried to set up ORBit2 for use with openssl, but seem to
> be out of luck.  I configured linc 0.7.0 with the option
> --with-openssl and compiled both linc and ORBit2.  There
> was no configure option for ORBit2, but I think that's OK.
> OpenSSL is installed, the header file
> /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h exists and could be find by
> the configure script.  The ldd command shows that both
> liblinc.so and libORBit-2 are linked to libssl 0.9.6.
> I started my application with --ORBIIOPSSL=1.
>
> Unfortunately, analysing the traffic using ethereal works
> perfectly, but shouldn't this be prevented by SSL?

	Hmm; yes - then again, the SSL code hasn't been tested in living
memory; also the OpenSSL license is utterly broken, inasmuch that it's a
"You must credit my dog in your TV advertising" type license. So it's
never used / tested.

	I suspect the proximate cause is that it's simply chosing to use the
non-encrypted profile instead. You should prolly poke at that.