Re: config.sub, config.guess out-of-date

Hi Chris,

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 10:43, Chris Waters wrote:
> To whoever is in charge of new releases (Michael?):

	Yes; fair cop - and for several other packages no doubt.

> I've been getting complaints lately from the Debian porters about
> config.sub and config.guess being out-of-date, and not supporting all
> of Debian's platforms.  So, I'd like to pass on the request/plea to
> update these files and use newer versions of autoconf/libtool/etc. for
> new releases of ORBit, linc, libIDL, and ORBit2.

	I have: automake 1.6.3 and autoconf-2.52, libtool-1.4.2

> (I've fixed up the current releases, but it means HUGE patches, which
> is not really a good thing IMO.)

	Yes - that sucks; the question is have our lovely autotools team broken
compatibility totally; or are there still autotools version that
actually build what built last week and have the portability fixes in
them ?