Re: ORBit2 issues (was Re: ORBit 0.5.15 any problem?)

> > I recommend testing passing IDL structs and unions of the form
>
> 	Fixing the immediate problem would be good, with a nice regression test
> - as suggested. Clearly if ORBit 0.5.15 can't pass the type between two
> instances of itself, the bug is not in ORBit2 :-)

Actually I read the original poster wrong - I thought he was testing
ORBit with ORBit2 and blaming the ORBit side for CORBA_any
marshalling/demarshalling issues.

I do have CORBA_any marshalling/demarshalling very well tested with
ORBit 0.5.15 and a CORBA::ORBit test script., and am fairly confident
this is reliable in ORBit stable.

As you said, without a test case there could be any number of causes of
the problem, including accidental runtime linkage with old ORBit
versions that did have such problems.

	-Huw

--
Huw Rogers <count0@metavector.com>