Re: [cpp] Implementing structs: generic forwarders

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 16:37, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > How is it helpful to put the operator= and cast operator in a member
> > variable's class rather than the C++ class itself? Where did you get the
> > name 'forwarder' from?
>
> because we'd need operator= and the cast operator in the C struct and not
> the C++ class.

'the C struct'? You've put them in some kind of intermediate C++ class.
I know that if I look at all this code I'll be able to figure out what
you're doing, but it seems like it'd be easier for you to just tell us.

> I've pulled the term 'forwarder' from my... let's not get into that :)

Fair enough, but when creating names you should create a definition.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net