Re: ORBit-0.5.17 not working with MICO 2.3.7?

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 22:33, dahaverk@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> I've been looking into this problem... and it appears to be the same
> problem that was fixed in ORBit2 with the iop_profile.c changes on the
> IOP_TAG_CODE_SETS.
>
> In ORBit 1 so far all I can find is the define in the iop.h file
>
> #define IOP_TAG_CODE_SETS   1
>
> and
>
> #define IOP_CodeSets 1
>
> I'm not sure which one is supposed to define utf8 for the IOR, but given I
> can connect from ORBit to MICO...  but not the reverse... This is starting
> to look like it is the same problem ORBit2 had with telling MICO it is a
> UTF-8 ORB.
>
> Any tips on where I should be looking in ORBit to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -David Haverkamp

Sounds to me like you haven't enable ORBit TCP/IP listening. By default
ORBit servers will listen on a unix domain socket using a proprietary
protocol that MICO doesn't know about, whereas Mico presumably defaults
to creating an IIOP listener. This has the effect that your ORBit client
can call a MICO server, but not vice versa.

Of course you might ask why all the different UNIX orbs have different
"UIOP" protocols for GIOP over pipes, but thats another problem!

See the FAQ for more info at:
http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Cheers,
Alex.