ORBit writev screwedness ...

Hi there,

	This may well be down to the IOVEC limit on many unix's being much much
lower than on Linux;

	See bugzilla.gnome.org 56270 for 1 attempt at a fix which I must
confess doesn't impress me.

	Someone has committed another attempt at a fix - even worse than that
to ORBit - which we are probably shipping now; in
ORBit/src/ORBitutil/compat.c (g_writev) - which is multiply and
unutterably broken.

	I don't know what to do for the best really - is there anyone to work
on this ? how did g_writev get as bad as it is ?

	Possibly we can copy some working tested code to get around this from
'linc' - that actually does it write, handles multiple EAGAINs etc. etc.