Re: ORBit2-2.3.102 compile problem

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 01:40:35PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 13:11, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > Libtool is fucked, basically.
> >
> > That's why so many Red Hat spec files have this at the top:
> >
> >  %define __libtoolize :
> >
> > To keep the RPM macros from re-running libtoolize and ending up with a
> > broken libtool script that wants to relink things.

> Doesn't apply in this case, as I'm not letting rpm's %configure macro
> break things.

And (obviously) I'm not using rpm to prepare the Debian packages.

> Ack, so am I going to need a similar patch frequently?

I agree with Havoc that we need to take this up with the libtool
people.  If their product, which is supposed to offer enhanced
portability, breaks things so badly on GNU/Linux systems, then it's
got a serious bug.  If both Red Hat and Debian have to patch libtool
to get it to work, then libtool's not doing its job.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single