Re: ORBit2-2.3.102 compile problem

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:46:38PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Hi folks!  I'm having some trouble getting the newly uploaded ORBit2
> tarball to compile.  For some reason, the Everything_module* files
> aren't getting installed.  When I run make from test/everything/, it
> looks fine.  If I look at test/everything/.libs/, all of the
> libs/symlinks are in order.  When I go to run 'make install' in that
> directory, I get an error like this:

I had the same problem building .101 and .102 for Debian.  One of my
fellow Debianers extracted a patch from an earlier version (.100, I
believe) which fixed the problem.  You can find the patch with the bug
report at:

  http://bugs.debian.org/128476

(Ignore the section where I say I don't think I'm going to use the
patch, because, as it happens, I ended up using it.)

I'm not sure what happened exactly -- I thought it might have been a
problem with my local CVS repositories, but since Gregory has the same
problem, I guess it must be a real problem.

It can also be fixed by installing an older version of ORBit2 before
compiling, which is why I didn't notice the problem at first, and is
probably why others haven't noticed it either.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single