Re: in-kernel ORBit2 works

Hi Dou Wen,

On Sun, 2002-01-06 at 03:13, dou wen wrote:
> yes, i also think it's a alignment problem, because my configure
> script in orbit2

	Oh - interesting; I wonder why.

> didnt work properly, i copy this section of orbit-config.h from orbit
> 0.5.12 's:

	The values are 'correct' but only for the i86 architecture; they really
need to be generated on the platform you're building on.

	I still suspect your malloc though - can you try doing:

	g_assert (((gulonh)newmem & 0x7) == 0);

	in your g_malloc routine ? perhaps we should have a check like this in
the ORBit2 sources ourselves.

	Also - any changed you have made to ORBit2 - that are reasonably self
contained would be great to fold back into 'linc/ORBit2', we can make it
conditionally compiled for you.