Re: cpp: TC_Bonobo_Unknown_struct and Bonobo::_tc_Unknown

Murray Cumming <murrayc@t-online.de> wrote:
> In the code below, from my generated Bonobo-cpp-common.hh file, it is
> trying to define _tc_Unknown in terms of TC_Bonobo_Unknown_struct, but
> that isn't provided by the C code.

The definition of TC_Bonobo_Unknown_struct should be in the C stubs
generated from the same IDL file.

The simple "Hello World" example I just compiled placed those struct
definitions in the helloworld-common.c file.

> I can't find anything in the language mappings
> http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/c++.htm
> that says that either of these need to be defined, though I can see
> stuff about similar constants for basic types such as long. Can anyone
> with more knowledge comment on this?

I've found a mention in section 1.32, which says that for each type, the
implementation must provide a TypeCode_ptr called _tc_<type>. It gives
details on scoping and naming as well.

The TC_<type> TypeCode constants are part of the C mapping. The _tc_
prefix is used in the C++ mapping to avoid clashes with the C mapping.
--
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:scouter@bigpond.net.au
Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie@debian.org
                    |  jabber:sam@jabber.topic.com.au