Re: cpp branch: Time to merge?

Hi Murray,

On 21 Feb 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:

> I've solved the first tedious problems in the ORBit2 cpp branch, but the
> regular C stuff in that branch is now the problem. Any GNOME2 stuff
> segfaults now if ORBit2 cpp branch is installed instead of ORBit2 HEAD.

	This is happening because HEAD hasn't been merged back into
the cpp branch, not the other way around. I can do that merge if you
like.

> I think we need to merge the C++ stuff into HEAD so that we can continue
> to develop it. Michael, can I leave the persuasion to you, or do I need
> to petition someone?

	I don't think we can add it now, not this close to the 2.0
release. I think we should leave it until after that. I would also, at
that point, like to see it turned off unless you build with
--enable-cpp-bindings.

Good Luck,
Mark.