Re: trouble compiling ORBit (pkg-config issue!)

On 2/12/02 9:46 AM, "Havoc Pennington" <hp@redhat.com> wrote:

> linc pulls it in:
>
> $ unst pkg-config --libs linc
> -L/unst/lib -lgthread-1.3 -lpthread -lgobject-1.3 -lglib-1.3 -llinc

Aha! Getting a response from you tickled the appropriate brain cells, Havoc.

I still don't know what the problem is, but I figured out what's new in the
equation. I just upgraded to pkg-config 0.11 from pkg-config 0.8, and that's
when this started happening.

For some reason, having liblinc.a as the last library on the link line is
causing a problem. I was able to make the link work properly by moving
liblinc.a left on the command line so that it was before both
libgthread-1.3.a and libglib-1.3.a (full paths omitted for clarity).

What next?

    -- Darin