Re: Question

Артем Гулько wrote:

> I have a few questions about ORBit:
>
> 1. Where I can find documentation about this product.

The best online documentation is:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/corba/html/book1.html

Apart from that, it's worth reading the OMG's specification for the C
language mapping. The only published book on using the C language
mapping that I've found is called "Understanding CORBA" - it was quite
expensive and badly out of date.

> 2. May I write client which find server in VisiBroker NameService.
>    May I register my server in VisiBroker NameService. How to do this?

As long as VisiBroker uses the standard Naming Service and POA methods
then you can have a remote client using any standards compliant ORB. I
currently have a mixture of ORBit and MICO servers talking to Java
clients. The hard part was getting a simple "Hello, World" up and
running, but once I'd done that the fact I was using different ORBs
became irrelevant.

> 3. Where I can find ORBit NameService examples.

Have a look in the test/everything directory that comes with the ORBit2
source code. Snippets of code that exercise a lot of different CORBA
features can be found there. I haven't looked for NameService specific
examples, but they are likely to be there.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
chris.wareham@btopenworld.com (home)