Re: fighting multiple symbol definitions in ORBit2 on OSX 10.2.2(fwd)

Hi Richard,

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 17:48, R Blake wrote:
> i'm in the process of building prereqs for gnumeric on Mac OSX 10.2.2 ....
> and have hit some confusion with ORBit2 ..... can you help?

	sure.

> i've tried the usual CFLAGS & LDFLAGS variants, as well as known
> convenience lib fixes to ltmain.sh -- to no avail .....
>
> one of the authors suggested:
>
> > Find out why it is linking with both -lintl and -liconv.
>
> my 1st naive answer is that configure (in autogen) won't complete without
> both the presence of libiconv & lintl .....

	Very odd;

> any ideas/suggestions as to what the problem may be here?

	It looks like we're defining the same symbols multiple times somehow
internally - which isn't good; but the Linux linker is more tolerant of
such things;

	Can you try:

	find -name '*.<o>' -exec objdump -T {} \; | less

	Where <o> is your object file extension; and see if you can locate the
object files wherein the duplicate definitions lurk - it seems the
linker is not being over-helpful.

	Thanks,