Re: [Orbit-python-list] stuck

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 00:11, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On 3 Oct 2001, Frank Rehberger wrote:
>
> > I got stuck because I cant persuade python-orbit to use INET instead of
> > UNIX-sockets, and I cant find a tiny C example that shows me how to
> > create a server.
>
> Are you free to edit orbitrc? You can supply a file like:
yes

----------- /etc/orbitrc -----
ORBIIOPIPv4=1
ORBIIOPUSock=0
-- end --- /etc/orbitrc -----

This works, but I assume, after re-login, that the entire GNOME desktop
is using this setting now.

I did try
./test-server.py -ORBIIOPIPv4=1 -ORBIIOPUSock=0
and also
./test-server.py -ORBIIOPIPv4 1 -ORBIIOPUSock 0

both did not work (orbit-python 0.3, ORBit-0.5.8)

> Hey, don't hesitate to write. We don't have a lot of traffic, but it's
> supposed to be a friendly list.
thanks, it was a prompt help :)

> Take care,
Cheers, Frank

 Frank Rehberger <frehberg@cs.tu-berlin.de>
 "Global order can arise from local interactions."
 [A.Turing, 1952]
 "when all nodes have reached that [stable] state, the whole
 graph is as dead as a doornail and the diffusing computation
 is defined to have terminated" [E.W.Dijkstra, 1980]