Re: ORBit2 + linc compile time error

Hi Archit,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Archit Baweja wrote:
> I'm getting a "liblinc.so: undefined reference to res_init" when
> compiling ORBit2 on a RH 7.1 system. Any ideas?

        Yes - it seems your system is hosed in a strange way; I run RH 7.1
and it's just fine.

> I had asked before (about a month back), but hadn't got any
> satisfactory solution to the problem.

        I replied to you asking for more information, and it seems you
ignored it for some reason. I need the following information:

        What glibc version do you have,
        Are there any build errors / warnings when you build linc, send
the output of make clean ; make in linc.
        Do you have /usr/include/resolv.h ? does it contain res_init ?
        What does your linc/config.h say - can you send it ?
        What does:
                nm -a /lib/libc.so.6 | grep res_init
        say ?