Re: newbie: Shared Memory (What makes Orbit fast ?)

Hi Frank,

On 1 Nov 2001, Frank Rehberger wrote:
> * Does CORBA offer efficient protocols or services to synchronize N
> sides/processes with each as it can be done with MPI-barrier. In
> short: all participating sides will run into a lock one after another.
> The last side running into the lock will release all. This is used to
> seperate computation phases of each other.

        As far as I am aware ORBit2 implements no service to do this for
you - as for the CORBA spec. it sounds like it might. Either way it
shouldn't be overly hard to cook your own; send an event, and wait for a
callback saying 'everyone checked in'.