Re: gnome_name_service_get Gnome/GTK event loop

>On Tue, 15 May 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to figure out how to (correctly ;-) use
>> gnome_name_service_get.
>>
>> So far it seems that it's necessary to call
>> gnome_CORBA_init(...) instead of gnorba_CORBA_init(...) or
>> CORBA_ORB_init(...)
>>
>> However if I call gnome_name_service_get() the client just hangs,
>> presumably because I haven't started the client-side CORBA event loop
>> yet.
>
>No, it should work fine. You don't have to start any event loop for it to
>function. You need to research why it hangs (*dark deep debugging alert*).

Thanks for the reply Elliot.  However I must point out that it isn't as helpful
as I'd hoped ;-)

I am in no position to debug this, though I can happily send a stack trace.  Does
anyone have a working example of gnome_CORBA_init(...) followed by
gnome_name_service_get() ?  And can anyone confirm that gnome_name_service_get()
requires gnome_CORBA_init(...) rather than one of the other ORB-initting calls in
order to work?

Thanks,

Bill

------