Re: ChangeLog

On 21 Mar 2001 13:02:10 +0000, Dick Porter wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:52:29AM +0100, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > Dick Porter wrote:
> > >
> > > ChangeLog is an 'edited highlights'. If you are bugfixing you have to look
> > > at the code anyway.
> > >
> > > I agree with Elliot that CVS does a far better job of explaining what has
> > > changed, than a selective list of changes in a file somewhere.
> >
> > What we suggest is to use a ChangeLog file additionally, so you can still
> > look at CVS.
>
> ChangeLog doesnt tell the whole story.

But it is great to have a story line of the program. Working with the
CVS is difficult to have
a general view of the evolution of a program. And there are lots of
people with try the code
and don't know how to use the CVS or they are not connected.

I think that the ChangeLog is a very important information for the
developers and users of
a program.

Regards

-- Alvaro