RE: CVS HEAD version required for -ORBInitRef ?

Daniel Bruen <dbruen techfak uni-bielefeld de> asked:

> I forgot to mention that I am using ORBit 0.5.7 in my last mail...
>
> In order for the command-line parameter -ORBInitRef to work, do I need
> to install the cvs head version of ORBit?

I am curious to find out how this whole thing works too.
I can't find any good book (online or off) that describes the mechanism.

According to the FAQ, "-ORBInitRef" is only supported by the cvs head
version, but the head version is no longer a work in progress and the
ORBit2 version superceeds the head version.

In addition, (and here is where you might be able to help) is, in either case
how to I get access to the CVS, where is it, and what do I have to
set my CVSROOT to, to get it, and whats the password for readonly access?
(I can't find this info anywhere.)

Also, I am curious to find out how this whole thing works too.
I can't find any good book (online or off) that describes the Namming mechanism.
and how the IORs are exchanges across boxes so that remote machines
can find them.

(A copy was also sent via private mail.)
Fulko Hew,                           Voice:  905-333-6000  x 6010
Senior Engineering Designer,         Direct: 905-333-6010
Northrop Grumman-Canada, Ltd.        Fax:    905-333-6050
777 Walkers Line,                    Email   fulko wecan com
Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7N 2G1