Re: Null naming context while requesting NameService

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, BENHAMID Omar wrote:

> 	I'm trying to get started with ORBit programming, I successfully
> managed to write my first "HelloWorld" using the IOR and now I'm trying to
> make it evolve in order to use NameService, the problem is that when i try
> to get the NamingContext i get a null referance here:

> /* ... */
>   CosNaming_NamingContext nc;
>   CORBA_Environment * ev;
>   ev = g_new0(CORBA_Environment,1);
>   CORBA_exception_init(ev);
>   orb = CORBA_ORB_init(&argc, argv, "orbit-local-orb", ev);
>   checkEx(ev);
>   nc = CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_references(orb,"NameService",ev);

You have to pass the IOR of the naming service on the cmdline. (I believe
it is the -ORBInitRef option, not sure. I always use
gnome_name_service_get() or equiv...)

-- Elliot
"It's a well-kept secret that KDE games are no longer toys but maturing
entertainment applications." - dot.kde.org