Solution to Undefined __IDL symbols problem

I'm not sure if there has been a resolution to this bug,
which looks like the following: (copied from an
unreplied posting in March 2001 by Symanska-Kwiecen
Agnieszka, as well as what I get when I try compiling
ORBit).  I have had this problem on two systems running
Solaris 2.6 (an Ultra 1 and and Ultra 80)

__IDL_lex_cleanup                   .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_prev_token_line               .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_in                            .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_lex_init                      .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_cur_token_line                .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_lex                           .libs/libIDL.so

I do have a suggestion, and please forgive me if it sounds
stupid.  The libIDL directory in ORBit tarball that
I downloaded and unarchived seems to be the source
of the problem.  I don't know what the problem is
exactly, so I found libIDL at http://andrewtv.org/libIDL/
and I found that it compiled and installed without
any of the above problems.  So, I deleted the libIDL
directory from the ORBit source directory structure,
and move the libIDL-0.8.6 directory to where it
used to be (renaming libIDL-0.8.6 to libIDL so that
the ORBit compiling scripts wouldn't complain)

I'd like to hear feedback on this possible solution.
Honestly, it's the only way that I've ever gotten
Gnome or even ORBit to compile, and believe me,
flex was already installed when the above errors
occurred.

Sageev